Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Life at the MTC

Hello!! :)



Oh my dear goodness SO much has happened since I've been here. 

This is the typical day of a missionary in the MTC:
  • Wake up at 6
  • Get ready to go to breakfast at 7:15
  • Go to class, stay in class for 5 hours
  • Go to lunch
  • Gym
  • Class for another 5 hours
  • Dinner
  • Class for 3-4 hours
  • Then you have 45 minutes before lights out at 10:30. 

I am in a trio so I have 2 companions: Sister Harris (also from Nampa) and Sister Todd (also a dancer). 


They are WONDERFUL! We have become such close friends already and I just love them! Having a companion was difficult for the first couple days because you literally can't go ANYWHERE without them! Like, even to the bathroom haha until you're in your residency hall; I don't need to shower with them standing outside the curtain. I can do personal things like that alone, but they must be within sight AND sound from me.
 
I have SO many stories!!! Random facts: 

  • Monday was rough, so I bought Nutter Butters, and my neighbor gave me her birthday flowers haha :)  

  • These are sticky notes from MY zone training leaders that they left on our door. 




  • As of day 2 here at the MTC I was called as the zone sister training leader (whaaattt??!), travel leader for my district, and the music coordinator for my ward at the MTC.
  • A british bloke asked for my email! I informed him that I was seeing someone but that didn't matter to him haha gross. I didn't give it to him. No worries. 
  • My companions and I can rap! It's sick. We're so good. 



  • I take advantage of gym time to stretch and run a mile! It's a nice break from the spiritually filled day. Don't get me wrong, I love it! But sometimes you need a sanity break to at least remember your first name.

My companion and I wear our dance team shirt from the same year to the gym!

  • My curling iron broke!! It's sad. 


  • I saw Kalin Lister the first day here and flipped out! Hand shakes are lame when you're so excited to see a familiar face. I've seen him a good amount of times since, as well as the night before he left! Good luck, pal! You're going to do so good :)

I'm mimicking a picture Christian took at the temple when he was in the MTC,
but I'm not sticking my tongue out like he did hahah (love you :))

My district has 5 elders and just us 3 sisters! I was having trouble focusing the fist few days so I asked for a blessing from one of the elders and I am SO much better!! I have felt the spirit in more ways here at the MTC than I EVER have! It's so cool!! 

A letter from my punk district leader that gave me a blessing!
He's so mean to me, but it was a very spiritual experience. 

We have taught so many investigators, and the spirit has been so strong! I learn so much! The teachers are WONDERFUL! I love it here! No stress AT ALL. It's fabulous :) 

We really have to watch our language and actions while being here on a mish. I can't say "totes", "pee", "probs", "crap", "guys" etc. and we can't give the elders high fives? ya idk. So just two thumbs up I guess!! 

I've learned that obedience is key! EXACT obedience I might add. D&C 4:3 I think? The verse that says if you have a desire to serve God, then you are called. I read that in the temple this morning (my companions and I went) and realized that I wasn't just called because I put my papers in, but because I had a desire to serve! I was called long before I put my papers in, and I felt it. I knew it. That's why I just did it :) I am becoming personally converted! Elder Bednar gave a devotional called, "The Character of Christ" and in it he stated that, "It's not enough to have a testimony. If you don't become personally CONVERTED to the lord, you WILL fall away eventually". That was intense. I am trying my hardest to learn as much as I can and become converted to my Savior :) I love Him!!

I miss my best friend, and my family, and my missionary, but it's all worth it :) Thanks for all the emails!! I had 29 when I logged on hahaha Just a heads up; it's easier for me to respond to letters compared to emails, so the more hand written letters the better :) 29 Emails and 1 hour to email stresses me out. I can't read them all!!

Thanks for the love and support! I love being a missionary!! I keep seeing name tags on everyone and think, "Oh my gosh I want one so bad!.... Oh wait! I have one!" hahah it took me a while to get used to that :) 

I need to go! But just know that I am feeling the blessings and prayers and spirit every single day. THANK YOU! I love this work :)


Love,
Sister Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment